As a homeowner, you should understand the importance of electrical panel upgrades and when you might need one. Upgrading your electrical is necessary for your home’s safety. It makes sure your electrical system can handle the increasing demands of modern technology.
Signs That You Need an Electrical Panel Upgrade
- Flickering lights
- Outdated electrical panels
- Frequent tripping of circuit breakers
- Adding new, high-powered appliances or electronics to your home
Benefits of Electrical Panel Upgrades
- Increased electrical capacity
- Improved electrical efficiency
- Reduced risk of electrical fires
- Enhanced protection for your expensive electronic devices
The Electrical Panel Upgrade Process
An electrician will assess your current electrical system, determine the appropriate panel size, obtain the necessary permits, and safely install the new panel.
This is not a DIY job. You should hire an experienced electrician, like Tekton Electric, to ensure a smooth, successful upgrade.
Cost Considerations and Return on Investment
The cost of an electrical panel upgrade varies depending on various factors, such as the size of your home and the complexity of the installation.
It is an investment worth considering. An upgraded electrical panel increases the value of your home. It also gives you long-term savings by reducing the risk of electrical issues and improving energy efficiency.
Types of Electrical Panel Upgrades Available Today
- Circuit Breaker Panel Upgrade: This is the most basic type of upgrade, where an older fuse box is replaced with a modern circuit breaker panel. Circuit breakers are more efficient and easier to reset than fuses, making them a popular choice for upgrading older electrical systems.
- Surge Protection Panel: As electrical devices become more sensitive, protecting them from power surges is crucial. Surge protection panels provide an additional layer of defense against voltage spikes, safeguarding your appliances, electronics, and other valuable equipment.
- Main Service Panel Upgrade: If your home's electrical demands have increased, or if you're adding new appliances or equipment, a main service panel upgrade may be necessary. This involves replacing the existing panel with a larger one that can handle higher electrical loads.
- Subpanel Installation: In some cases, a subpanel may be added to accommodate additional circuits or to distribute power to specific areas of your home. This is often done when adding a new room, garage, or workshop, allowing for separate circuitry and easier management of electrical loads.
- Smart Panel Upgrade: With the rise of smart home technology, smart electrical panels have become increasingly popular. These panels are equipped with advanced features such as energy monitoring, remote control capabilities, and integration with home automation systems, providing greater control and energy efficiency.
If you need an electrical panel upgrade, we are here to help. To contact our team, reach out online or call us at (805) 633-4466.